Monday, October 5, 2015

A Foreigner's Journey

I love Journey.

I love Foreigner, too.

What happens when I do the same with both, think outside the box, and take time to explore things?  I discover via LinkedIn A Foreigner's Journey, a cover band for both bands.




A Foreigner Journey is a cover band for hits of both Journey and Foreigner.  Based out of the UK, and having mostly shows in that area, many live coverage videos on YouTube, and a social media presence, they're not unknown.

The one video I can't seem to not see enough of is one from December 2011 when they're playing "Don't Stop Believing."  Here I am, sitting in front of my computer watching this, singing along with every word.  The audience is doing that very thing, nailing every note.  It's almost as if the lead singer, Matt Black, doesn't have to sing; he can give his voice a break, at least during this song.  Not even a minute of seeing this video, and I'm green as the lights on stage with envy, wishing I had been there. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hPLACmHTW6g

The video ends.  But I, myself, shouldn't stop believing it's possible for me to be in this audience.  Now, I should view a video in which they're playing a Foreigner hit.

Because I'm star-struck, I chose "Juke Box Hero." 

https://youtu.be/V-IPAhtJX-o


All I can say is:  Wow.  Though this is neither Foreigner nor Journey, this band does well in covering both and engaging the audience.  I'll admit I may be like some of the others who'd be in the audience who are spoiled, wishing it would be the original of the two bands.  But there has to be someone to keep the music alive. 

I will not stop believing in juke box heroes.

Now, where is my passport and airline ticket to fly overseas to see this band? 

(Click here http://www.aforeignersjourney.com/ for tour dates and other information.)


No comments:

Post a Comment