Friday, April 15, 2016

Blind Peace

Hard rock chick's gotta have her rock-blues fix!  And the sooner you deliver it, the better.

And I got this rock-blues fix from the Bluegrass state.  Blind Peace (Tony Sell, vocals; JW Gregory, guitar; Derek Lester, bass; and Mike Stevens, drums) from Albany, KY, provided that for me.  Thanks, guys!


Three songs later, I was satisfied.  What songs did I hear?  I'll be more than happy to share them with you.

"Rebel Son"-a deep, soulful, and I dare say spiritual song, about a son leaving home, and his mom's difficulty in letting go.  The lyrics to the first verse of this song echo the second of Bad Company's "Shooting Star."   A modern-day Prodigal Son portrayed in a classic rock-style song.


https://www.reverbnation.com/blindpeace/song/23052112-rebel-son

"Lonesome"...well, I don't have it in me, either, to write a song called "Born to Lose."  However, I know  "Lonesome" would be better, and I and my listeners would get what they need out of it.  I might even sound cliche when I say this, but this is the ideal song that portrays, with apologies to 1986's Crossroads, "The blues ain't nothing but a good man feelin' bad."

https://www.reverbnation.com/blindpeace/song/22054164-lonesome

"Walkin' Shoes"-rock-blues at their best, hardest, from start to finish-Blind Peace's face-melting song.  What I respect about lead singer Tony is in the opening lines, he has a perfect opportunity to say SOB...but he doesn't.  My hats...er, walkin' shoes...off to you, you son of a gun.  Peace, love, Blind Peace!!

https://www.reverbnation.com/blindpeace/song/22105838-walkin-shoes



2 comments:

  1. Blind Peace says thank you to Julia for this great review. Your time and talents are not wasted on us and we will do all we can to support the kind words written here. Blind Peace is ready to play some good kick ass rock and roll anywhere and everywhere so if anyone wants to chat with us about a booking or anything else, contact Derek Lester (606)307-5668 or Tony Sell (606)305-1916. Thanks again Julia for kicking ass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I'm flattered. Rock on, guys!

    ReplyDelete