Friday, April 1, 2016

Shallowpoint at The Concourse

When Shallowpoint announced they would be up to open for One-Eyed Doll's Vision tour at 6:15, they weren't kidding.  I stood in a long line waiting to get in.  I wasn't inside for even five minutes when they started playing.  And got things started on the right note (no pun intended) for the night.

This was my first time seeing Shallowpoint in about a year and half.  Since that time, Heath Devine has joined as their guitarist, and Jason Drake their drummer.

Heath Devine

Jason Drake


No show-let alone the set for the first band up-would be complete without their mascot making its guest appearance.  He appeared on stage during one of my favorites of Shallowpoint, "Haze".

But they saved the best for last:  "Enemy".  I don't think there was a Shallowpoint fan who didn't sing along with lead vocalist Chuck Shallowpoint, especially the chorus.

This was the first show I had been to that Shallowpoint has been the first band up.  Please note:  They should do this at every show they play at.

Chuck Shallowpoint




No comments:

Post a Comment