Monday, April 3, 2017

KISS Army at Knoxville Harley-Davidson

No automatic alt text available.


Now that I get it with KISS' legacy, I want to make a point to see any KISS tribute band I can.  Why? Because I want the best.  And I got it when I saw KISS Army at Knoxville Harley-Davidson this past Saturday.

Only it wasn't what I had expected.  It was more.  What got my attention when their show started was the parts of all of the news reports about how "young teenagers are into this loud music by musicians wearing black and lots of makeup."  Oh, how times have changed!

It was a great night of being part of what I missed out on back in the day.  The best part was when they played "Deuce" and "Strutter" back to back, including doing that famous sway during that instrumental break.

Image may contain: one or more people, people on stage, people playing musical instruments and concert


While KISS is known to steal my love, every one of the guy in KISS Army each took part in taking center stage, stealing the show.

Of course, what is a KISS show without "Pete's" drum solos, as well as playing "Hard Luck Woman"?

Image may contain: one or more people, people on stage and night


Or Gene's well-known bass solo and blood-generating theatrics?



Image may contain: one or more people, people playing musical instruments and guitar


Or the Space Man's cosmic guitar solos?

Image may contain: one or more people

And of course, Star Child's raps?

Image may contain: one or more people and people on stage

The band outdid themselves in giving us KISS fans a great show in spite of the cold, windy weather. Getting sick from it didn't matter, because they made sure to "call the doctor." Need I say more?

That now marks two KISS tribute shows I have been to so far.  My question now is:  How many more am I going to go to before actually seeing the real thing?  I feel like I need to make a punch card for this.  Nonetheless, it was another great moment to live in the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment